1. That inasmuch as we would not want to be dragged into any media ranting and fury with Smart Adeyemi, we will wish to unequivocally state that Adeyemi attacked the wrong horse in his desperate attempts to satisfy and sooth the nerves of some vested interests in and outside Kogi State and apparently prove to them that he is a willing horse ready to do dirty jobs.
2. That a Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria will descend so low to have poured invectives and cast aspersions on a man that had neither maligned him, nor disrespected him at any time, It shows the level and quality of the person he is and kind of representations he offers the people of Kogi West who look onto him as their opinion leader.
3. That it is an incontrovertible fact that Smart Adeyemi reacted to a social media post where the Kogi State governor, Yahaya Bello was criticized over his comment on Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe’s contribution in the floor of the Red Chambers condemning the increase of insecurity in the nation presided over by the All Progressives Congress (APC). Surprisingly, Adeyemi did not bother to find out whether Abaribe actually discounted the Kogi State governor or not, but went ahead to rant invectives and uncomplimentary remarks on our urbane, polished, result-oriented, highly focused and performing governor who is not part of the Senate fray.
4. Assuming, but not conceding to the allegation that Abaribe made any odious remark against the Kogi State governor, why drag our highly revered governor Okezie Ikpeazu, a non Senator and personality in faraway Abia, performing his onerous constitutional responsibilities, into the melee? That shows how barren Smart Adeyemi is.
5. How would the people of Kogi West benefit from a politician of Adeyemi standing who is unstable in reasoning and blighted in character; who often go off the track to chase imagined enemies at the slightest provocation even when there is no reason to do so.
6. That Smart Adeyemi could come to the hallowed Chambers of the Senate to speak of an innuendo a fellow Senator was not involved in smacks of gross irresponsibility on his part. It is regrettably that out of mere sentiment and irascibility Smart Adeyemi could defecate in the open.
7. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Abia State seriously and totally views this irrational, condemnable, atrocious and defamatory grunt by Smart Adeyemi with anger and asks him to withdraw it within seven days of the publication of this write up.
8. We want to place it on good record that our dear governor, Okezie Victor Ikpeazu neither drinks alcoholic beverages nor engages in any rascality as Adeyemi deceitfully, wickedly, delusively rumbled.
9. We salute the statesmanship of the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan who rose to the occasion by cautioning this rascal brat against his spurious, uncouth and unwarranted attack our able governor.
10. We wish to warn that the free speech immunity enjoyed by Distinguished Senators which shields them from being sued by members of the public after their contributions at the Parliament should not be used as an excuse to lampoon innocent members of the public particularly hardworking public officers.
Rt Hon Dr Asiforo Okere
Uche Nwosu is a two time Shell Petroleum PLC award winner in the year 2000;
He won the Shell Award on Investigative Journalism and Environmental Cleanliness.