As the contest for the governorship seat of Abia State in 2023 begins to gathered momentum, the Ikwuano Stakeholders Forum (ISF) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has dissociated itself from a communiqué currently circulating in the social media zoning the governorship seat of Abia State to Abia North.
It argued that contrary to the contents of the communiqué, the issue of zoning of Abia governorship position was not mentioned a meeting of Ikwuano/Umuahia Forum held recently.
Briefing newsmen in Umahia on Monday, February 21, 2022, the chairman of the stakeholder forum, Rear Admiral Ralph Osondu (rtd), explained that the issue of zoning of the Abia governorship seat was not mentioned in the meeting because “it is the exclusive prerogative of the party (PDP) and therefore, not part of the motions moved, supported and adopted during the meeting”.
According to him, “in respect of that meeting, no communiqué has, so far, been released officially by the Ikwuano/Umuahia Forum”, adding that any communiqué, being circulated and containing the support for zoning of governorship position to any zone does not have the endorsement of Ikwuano PDP Stakeholders.
“We, the PDP Stakeholders of Ikwuano do hereby state as follows: that Ikwuano PDP Stakeholders hereby strongly dissociate itself from the obnoxious communiqué in circulation.
“That the good people of Ikwuano are loyal to the party and will continue to support our great party, the PDP under the leadership of the Executive Governor, Okezie Ikpeazu PhD, to win convincingly in all elections come 2023”.
Flanked at the event by other leaders from Ikwuano like: Hon Wisdom Ogbonna (Oboro Clan), Hon Clement Onukwue, (Ibere), Chief B C Mgbaramuko (Ariam Usaka), Chief Chinkwe Ndimele (Oloko) and Pastor Ekeleme Ikeije, the secretary of the forum, the Ikwuano Stakeholders pledged their continued support to the PDP led by Governor Okezie Ikpeazu and assured him of their readiness to win all positions in 2023.
Full text of the communiqué issued after the Ikwuano PDP Stakeholders meeting in Umuahia on Monday, February 21, 2022 reads: “DISCLAIMER! DISCLAIMER! DISCLAIMER!!! CIRCULATION OF FAKE IKWUANO/UMUAHIA FORUM COMMUNIQUE
“The attention of Ikwuano PDP Stakeholders has been drawn to the circulation of a fake communique arising from a well-attended meeting of the PDP political stakeholders of Ikwuano/Umuahia Forum held on Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at the residence of
Honourable Jerry Uzosike (Member representing Umuahia South State Constituency), Umunwanwa, Umuahia South LGA. At the end of deliberations, it was unanimously resolved as follows:
(i) “That the good people of Ikwuano/Umuahia of Abia Central Senatorial Zone are eminently qualified and will contest for the governorship of Abia State, come 2023.
(ii) “That our sons and daughters who want to contest are free to enter the race and will receive maximum support of our people.
(iii) “That it is the turn of Ngwa extraction (Umunne ato) to run for
“Abia Central Senatorial seat and should be left as such. Therefore, sons and daughters of Ikwuano/Umuahia extraction are not encouraged to run for the Senate.
“We, the PDP Stakeholders of Ikwuano do hereby state as follows:
(1) “That at no point, during deliberations, was the issue of zoning of governorship position mentioned or discussed since this is the exclusive prerogative of the Party. Therefore, it was not part of the motions moved, supported and adopted.
(2) “That, in respect of that meeting, no communiqué has, so far, been released officially by the Ikwuano/Umuahia Forum.
(3) “That any communiqué, being circulated and containing the support for zoning of governorship position to any zone does not have the endorsement of Ikwuano PDP Stakeholders.
(4) “That Ikwuano PDP Stakeholders hereby STRONGLY DISSOCIATE _ itself from the obnoxious communiqué in circulation.
(5) “That the good people of Ikwuano are loyal to the Party and will continue to support our great Party, the PDP under the leadership of the Executive Governor, Okezie Ikpeazu PhD, to win convincingly in all elections come 2023”.
Advertise In uchenwosu.com/thewitness: the most investigative and analytical online magazine nigeria can produce for now.
Contact: Hon uche nwosu – 08035766615
Uche Nwosu is a two time Shell Petroleum PLC award winner in the year 2000;
He won the Shell Award on Investigative Journalism and Environmental Cleanliness.